What does it mean to advocate? An advocate finds her voice and uses it to make a difference. An advocate is an ambassador for a cause, rallies support on an important issue, educates the public with facts and data and make others aware of needs facing her community. An advocate is a voice for those who have been silenced.
What can I do to become a United Way advocate?
- Contact your local representative and discuss your ideas and concerns for your community. Find your Wisconsin representative. Find your Minnesota representative.
- Talk to friends and family.
- Gain in-depth knowledge on an issue.
- Write a letter to the editor.
- Talk to your city council.
- Organize a group of concerned citizens with a charge.
- Connect with us on Facebook.
- Volunteer for a cause you are passionate about. Search for opportunities here.
- Read our weekly e-newsletter. Sign up here.