With campaign season just ahead, we are gearing up to answer our favorite question, “Why should I give to the United Way”? The staff and board volunteers of the United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties are asked this question more than any other.
Here are our responses:
- People give to UW-GWP to support their community and lead by example. Someday it might be you who is need of an agency’s help
- UW-GWP’s valued internal programs and it’s 27 partner programs provide a safety net for our community that is changing lives and saving lives.
- The funding you give to UW-GWP remains within our service area ensuring a better life for neighbors, friends and family.
- UW-GWP is a highly trusted leader connecting donors to nonprofit organizations that would have a tough time doing it on their own. UW-GWP also has established a dependable process that makes it easy to give through workplace campaigns, on-line giving or even a simple Round Up process.
- Through partner support and internal programs, UW-GWP addresses critical aspects of the human condition–health, education, and basic needs.
- UW-GWP is instrumental in funding public-service agencies that are desperately needed by so many local people.
- Because UW-GWP is volunteer driven. Volunteers ensure that UW-GWP and its partners operate at the highest standards.
One long time United Way donor had this to say, “ I give to UW-GWP because it allows me the opportunity to give back to the community in which I live. My loyalty as a proud United Way supporter is as powerful as my desire to be an engaged citizen of Red Wing.
When large organizations, like my employer participate in the United Way campaign, more resources are leveraged. When every member of an organization gives, no matter the amount, it is used to better our community and makes a bigger and broader impact in our community.
I support the United Way because like so many others, I want to help as many people as possible. There are some community agencies that are near and dear to my heart that I support routinely every year, but there are others that serve worthwhile causes that I was totally unaware of until I got involved with United Way.
For me, the best way for some of my support to find these agencies and help my community is through the United Way.
Another donor said, “ I like knowing that with my donation to United Way, I am helping so many programs provide different services that have been checked out by a trusted source. The need in our community is significant, and supporting UW-GWP of United Way allows local people to receive job training, senior care, access to health care, early childhood education and more.”
To all of our longtime returning donors, we know you are out there and rely on you to keep letting us know how we are doing. Please consider increasing your gift this year, the need is great,
For those of you who have never given, consider a gift to United Way today. Become a part of the movement for positive change in your community.
I will support United Way. Click here to donate.